Hello to all readers. This prayer encapsulates a single moment of insight, when I glimpsed an understanding of why God shields himself from our sight…
Protected by darkness
- God is light; in him there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5).
- For the Lord your God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24).
- Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2).
- My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me (Acts 22:11).
- God [is] the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. (1 Timothy 6:15-16).
Thank you for showing me
That the clouds and thick darkness
Your frail children,
From being blinded
By the incandescence of your light,
By the destructive power of your fire.
And kind you are!
In Jesus’ name,