Hello everyone. Although pretty well every prayer I post here comes out of contemplation, I haven’t so far included many that refer to contemplation itself. So that is my subject today…
God of gods
* Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
* How great is God – beyond our understanding (Job 36:26).
* Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always
(1 Chronicles 16:11; NIV).
* He says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46, 10).
* Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7).
God of gods,
Although you are far beyond my understanding,
You are not far away.
Encouraged by your love,
I dare to call your name,
And seek your face.
Help me to withdraw from the world for a time –
To be silent and still
In body and mind,
In heart and soul,
So I can reach out to you.
Please take my hand as I close my eyes
To enter the darkness surrounding you.
Comfort me when I am overwhelmed there by my fears,
And by your love.
Then, despite my utter insignificance,
Help me to listen for your voice,
Grasp what you want me to learn,
And worship you with every atom of my being,
O God of gods.