Constantly being aware of God’s presence throughout the day, and when we wake at night, is a vital part of Christian life, yet it can be so difficult to practice. There may be long, busy periods of the day when we are so distracted that we forget about God altogether. It can then come as something of a shock when we remember him, and turn to him once more. Today’s prayer reminds us to ask for help to stay continuously in touch with him.
* I keep the LORD always before me (Psalm 16:8; NIV).
* And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? (Luke 18:7).
* On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night (Psalm 63:6; N|V).
* …when I awake, I am still with you (Psalm 139:18; NIV).
* Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice (Psalm 55:17).
* …surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age (Matthew 28:20).
Alert or drowsy,
Well or ill,
Busy or resting,
Happy or sad –
May I never forget
My Lord and my God.