I sent them away to exile and brought them home again
(Ezekiel 39:28; NLT).
1. Father, we are part of you,
Till, one by one, you give us birth,
Then we must leave your glory
To be exiled on this earth.
2. Here, you give us much to learn –
Faith, forgiveness, kindness, peace –
By following your only Son,
And praying without cease.
3. When it’s time, you bring us home,
There’s nothing left for us to do
Except to be re-born in love,
And reunite with you.
1. I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5; NLT).
He chose to give birth to us (James 1:18; NLT).
I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile (Ezekiel 11:16; NLT).
2. Put on your new nature, created to be like God (Ephesians 4:24; NLT).
The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-3; NLT).
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me” (Mark 1:17; NLT).
Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
3. You do not know the day or hour of my return (Matthew 25:13; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).