David built an altar there to the Lord (2 Samuel 24:25; NLT).
1. Here, within this candle-flame,
Who comes from heaven to reign.
2. Here, within this sacred bread,
The first fruits of the dead.
3. Here, within this cup of wine,
Who is truth divine.
4. Here, within this mystery,
In perfect unity.
1. The Holy One will be a flame (Isaiah 10:17; NLT).
He will reign forever and ever (Revelation 11:15; NLT).
2. He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body” (Luke 22:19; NIV).
Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep (Corinthians 15:20; NIV).
3. He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And he said to them, “This is my blood” (Mark 14:23-4; NLT).
The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
4.The wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God (1 Corinthians 2:7; NLT).
The Lord our God is one (Mark 12:29; NIV).