1. You give us all an earthly father,
But you also give yourself:
Flawless, Lord, in every way.
2. You give us all an earthly mother,
But you also give us Mary,
Spotless, Lord, in every way.
3. You give us all an earthly ruler,
But you also give us Jesus,
Sinless, Lord, in every way.
4. You give us all a sense of selfhood,
But you also give your Spirit,
Faultless, Lord, in every way.
1. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them (Ephesians 6:4; NLT).
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God (Isaiah 41:10; NLT).
2. Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? (Isaiah 49:15; NLT).
Here is your mother (John 19:27; NLT).
3. The rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them (Matthew 20:25; NLT).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
He [Jesus Christ] is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world (Revelation 1:5; NLT).
4. Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof (Matthew 8:8; NLT).
If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him (Luke 11:13; NLT).