1. Help me not to sin,
But to serve others;
2. Help me not to hate,
But to forgive.
3. Help me not to dominate,
4. Help me not to take, Lord,
But to give.
5. Help me not to injure,
But to comfort;
6. Help me not to damage,
7. Help me not to fear,
But speak out boldly —
8. For then I will grow more and more
1. Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others (Mark 10:45; NLT).
2. When they came to the place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross [and] Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing” (Luke 23:33-4; NLT).
3. You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry (James 1:19; NLT).
4. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35; NLT).
5. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us (2 Corinthians 1:4, NLT).
6. Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes (Ephesians 4:23; NLT).
7. God gave us the courage to declare his Good News to you boldly, in spite of great opposition (1 Thessalonians 2:2; NLT).
8. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).