1. Let your prayers be honest,
Tell God what you need.
2. Let them all be simple,
Follow Jesus’ lead.
3. Let them be spontaneous,
Share each sin and fear.
4. Let them be unceasing,
For God will always hear.
1. You desire honesty from the womb (Psalm 51:6; NLT).
Tell God what you need (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
2. When you pray, don’t babble on as people of other religions do (Matthew 6:7; NLT).
Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one (Matthew 6:9-13; NLT).
3. Pour out your heart to him (Psalm 62:8; NLT).
Pray about everything (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
4. Never stop praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NLT).
Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; NIV).
The Lord hears my voice (Psalm 55:17; NLT).
One thought on “Let your prayers be honest”
I like this Ruth. I’ve been thinking and reading a lot about prayer recently. xxx