1. Don’t force your prayers:
God wants us to be honest,
Telling him exactly
What we need.
2. Don’t force your prayers:
God wants us to speak simply,
So let us always follow
His Son’s lead.
3. Don’t force your prayers:
God wants us to be childlike,
4. Don’t force your prayers:
God wants us all to trust him,
For he will always hear,
1. You desire honesty from the womb (Psalm 51:6; NLT).
Tell God what you need (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
2. When you pray, don’t babble on (Matthew 6:7; NLT).
Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one (Matthew 6:9-13; NLT).
3. Anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it (Mark 10:15; NLT).
Pour out your heart to him (Psalm 62:8; NLT).
Pray about everything (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
4. Trust in God and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).
The Lord hears my voice (Psalm 55:17; NLT).
He made their hearts, so he understands everything they do (Psalm 33:15; NLT).