1. Lord, you make all things
Then you fashion us
2. Lord, you give us
All the world,
And offer us
Your perfect way.
3. Lord, you grant
Your Holy Spirit,
Filling us with love,
4. Lord, you send
Your only Son,
So we can share
His life and death.
5. Lord, you dwell
Within our hearts,
To help us learn
What’s really true:
6. Though our bones
Return to stardust,
Is one with you.
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1; NLT).
We are the clay, and you are the potter. We are all formed by your hand (Isaiah 64:8; NLT).
2. God blessed [human beings] and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it” (Genesis 1:28; NLT).
God’s way is perfect (2 Samuel 22:31; NLT).
3. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person (Genesis 2:7; NLT).
He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love (Romans 5:5; NLT).
4. God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
Then [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
5. You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32; NLT).
6. You were made from dust, and to dust you will return (Genesis 3:19; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Nothing can ever separate us from God’s love (Romans 8:35-8; NLT).