1. You are the stars in the sky, Lord;
You are the heavens and earth;
2. You are the lands, seas, and creatures;
You are our advent and birth.
3. You are the strength in our bodies;
You are our blood and our breath;
4. You are the love in our hearts, Lord,
You are our life and our death.
5. You are the One who forgives, Lord;
You are the One who makes whole;
6. You are the One who has mercy;
You are our God, and our soul.
1. There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all
(Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
2. I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5; NLT).
The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7; WEB).
3. The Lord God is my strength (Isaiah 12:2; NLT).
There is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them (Job 32:8; NLT).
4. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
In him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28, NIV).
The Lord gives both death and life (1 Samuel 2:6; NLT).
5. He forgives all my sins (Psalm 103:2; NLT).
I am the Lord, who heals you (Exodus 15:27; NIV).
6. The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! (Exodus 34:6; NLT).
My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed (John 20:28; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
We all share the same Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13; NLT).
2 thoughts on “You are the stars”
This has just jumped into my favourites, Ruth. It’s beautiful!
Stay cosy and warm today. xxx
Thank you so much, Lesley. I’m delighted it chimes with you in this way. You’re SO encouraging! XXXX