I know that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me (Psalm 16:8; NLT).
1. When I wake, Lord,
You are with me.
When I pray
We join as one.
2. When I walk
You go with me
In rain, or storm,
Or summer sun.
3. When I serve,
We work together.
When I’m sick,
You share my pain.
4. When I sleep,
You rest beside me
Till we rise
To start again.
5. Lord, in danger,
You are with me,
With staff and rod;
6. And, in death,
You’ll still be here,
To guide my spirit
Back to God.
1. When I wake up, you are still with me (Psalm 139:18; NLT).
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).
2. I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20; NLT).
3. The Lord worked with them (Mark 16:20; NIV).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
4. Then Jesus said, “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28-30; NLT).
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe (Psalm 4:8; NLT).
5. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you (Isaiah 43:2; NLT).
You are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
6. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me (Psalm 23:4; NLT, alternative translation).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Photo acknowledgement: Lucy Chian