You lived in this world without God and without hope
(Ephesians 2:12; NLT).
When we shut you out
We make life so depressing;
When we cast you off
The years are hard to bear;
When we block your love
We make our lives so empty –
4. Yet all we need to say is:
Lord, have mercy,
For you care.
1. The godless are barren (Job 15:34; NLT).
I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so meaningless (Ecclesiastes 2:17; NLT).
2. In those days you were living apart from Christ […] You lived in this world without God and without hope (Ephesians 2:12; NLT).
Why wasn’t I buried like a stillborn child, like a baby who never lives to see the light? (Job 3:16; NLT).
3. People who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it (1 Corinthians 2:14; NLT).
God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors (1 Peter 1:18; NLT).
4. God have mercy on me, a sinner (Luke 18:13; NIV).
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you (1 Peter 5:7; NLT).