Jesus said to his disciples,
“Gather up the broken pieces that are left over,
so that nothing is wasted”
(John 6:12; NET).
1. Nothing, Lord, is wasted
In your kingdom –
All things work together
For our gain.
2. May we accept what comes,
Both good and bad, Lord,
With thanks for every pleasure,
Loss, and pain.
3. Help us to learn
From all our trials and sorrows,
Rejoicing in your wisdom
And your name,
4. Then, even that which breaks us
Won’t be wasted,
For we will comfort those
Who share the same.
1. The Kingdom of God is already among you (Luke 17:21; NLT).
We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God (Romans 8:28; NLT).
2. Should we accept only good from the hand of God, and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
3. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name (Psalm 33:21; NLT).
4. I am like a broken vessel (Psalm 31:12; NKJV).
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others (2 Corinthians 1:4; NLT).