The Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him
as we are changed into his glorious image
(2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
1. Let prayer become my habit, Lord,
Communing with you day and night,
For then I’ll grow more like your Son,
Who came to earth to make us one.
2. Let thanks become my habit, Lord,
Expressed in every circumstance,
For then I’ll grow more like your Christ,
Who came to be our sacrifice.
3. Let joy become my habit, Lord,
Ceaseless, heartfelt, unconfined,
For then I’ll grow more like your King,
Who came to make our spirits sing.
4. Let love become my habit, Lord,
Deep, reflexive, faithful, true,
For then I’ll grow more like your Lamb,
Who cares for all since time began.
1. Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).
2. Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; NIV).
God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin (Romans 3:25; NLT).
3. Rejoice always (1 Thessalonians 5:16; NIV).
I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing praises to your name (Romans 15:9; NLT).
4. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love (1 John 4:8; NIV).
John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29; NLT).
Christ cares for the church (Ephesians 5:29; NLT).
We proclaim to you the one who existed from the beginning, whom we have heard and seen (1 John 1:1; NLT).