Love the Lord your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands,
hold firmly to him, and serve him with all your heart and soul
(Joshua 22:5; NLT).
1. We cannot live by bread alone,
Despite what many think,
But only by the sacred word
2. We cannot pray to him
Unless we try to speak the truth,
For he wants us to take the path
3. We cannot follow his dear Son
Through willpower alone,
For we can only serve him
Out of love.
4. We cannot take a single thing
When we must leave this life,
But trust, alone,
His body and his blood.
1. People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4; NLT).
2. Lord, you are searching for honesty (Jeremiah 5:3; NLT).
3. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead I do what I hate (Romans 7:15; NLT).
4. We brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it (1 Timothy 6:7; NLT).
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them (John 6:56; NIV).
Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life (John 6:40; NIV).