1. When you form us
In your image,
You make us
Out of your unfailing love:
2. Our bodies, from the clay
Of this, your planet;
Our souls, your breath of life
From heaven above.
3. Then, Lord, you dwell within us
All our lifetime,
One with us
No matter what we do,
4. For we are part
Of your immense creation:
One with all there is,
5. And even after death, Lord,
Our bones returning
To your sacred dust,
6. Whilst every mind, and heart,
And soul, and spirit
Goes back to your vast peace,
In perfect trust.
7. And even when
This ancient, spinning planet
8. Each atom
Will remain in you forever:
So none of us can truly
1. God created human beings in his own image (Genesis 1:27; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
2. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We are all formed by your hand (Isaiah 64:8; NLT).
The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7; WEB).
3. You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
The Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6; NIV).
4. There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).
5,6. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
7. The end of the world is coming soon (1 Peter 4:7; NLT).
8. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him (John 3:17; NIV).