You were made from dust, and to dust you will return
(Genesis 3:19; NLT).
1. The dust of which we’re made
2. For every atom
Is a part of you.
3. So, from the dawn
Of your sublime creation,
4. You’re all there’s ever been,
And all we are –
5. Here, for a moment,
Then, beyond our death,
6. Dancing as one
In each bright, singing star.
1. The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7; WEB).
2,4. There is one Lord […] who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
3. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1; NLT).
5. How short life is (Job 14:1; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
6. I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).
In the singing together of stars of morning, […] all sons of God shout for joy (Job 38:7; YLT).