The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. (Psalm 14:2-3; NIV).
1. This plague is not a punishment
For every selfish deed;
2. Instead, it is the consequence
Of all our careless greed.
3. This plague is not a penalty
For every foolish choice;
4. Instead, it is our reckoning,
For we’ve ignored God’s voice.
1. Why do you continue to invite punishment? Isaiah 1:5; NLT).
From the least to the greatest, their lives are ruled by greed (Jeremiah 6:13; NLT).
2. You did not reflect on your actions or think about their consequences (Isaiah 47:7; NLT).
You careless ones will will suddenly begin to care (Isaiah 32:10; NLT).
3. I will heap on their heads the full penalty for all their sins (Ezekiel 22:31; NLT).
They have chosen crooked paths and have forgotten the Lord their God (Jeremiah 3:21; NLT)
4. How strong and courageous will you be in my day of reckoning? (Ezekiel 22:14; NLT).
If only you would listen to his voice today! (Psalm 95:7; NLT).