The true light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world
(John 1:9; HNV).
1. Each human life brings trials
God gives, and takes away;
He wounds, and heals.
2. He helps us learn
From all we undergo,
Until, at last,
3. His purpose: change and growth
For every soul;
For as we learn to love,
We are made whole.
1. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; NLT).
I am the one who wounds and heals (Deuteronomy 32:39; NLT).
2. We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28; NIV).
Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding (Hebrews 6:1; NLT).
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness (Psalm 18:28; NKJV).
Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts (Psalm 90:12; CSB).
The inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding (Job 32:8; WEB).
3. His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him (Acts 17:27; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
I am the Lord who heals you (Exodus 15:26; NLT).
He restores my soul (Psalm 23:3; NKJV).