Put on your new nature, and be renewed
as you learn to know your Creator and become like him
(Colossians 3:10; NLT).
You put us here, on earth,
So we may grow like you,
2. By learning to correct our thoughts,
And all we say,
3. Please help us,
As we journey back to heaven
At your side,
4. To grow in love,
Whilst giving up hate, selfishness,
1. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him (Colossians 3:10; NLT).
2. We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
I said to myself, “I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say. I will hold my tongue” (Psalm 39:1; NLT).
Speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
3. The dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NLT).
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you (Isaiah 43:2; NLT).
The Lord is a shelter right by your side (Psalm 121:5; CSB).
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
4. Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbour’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! (Matthew 5:43-4; NLT).
If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Surrender your pride (Jeremiah 4:4; NLT).