Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely,
the one who shared my food, has turned against me
(Psalm 41:9; NLT).
1. My path is very dark;
I put my trust in you.
2. May I love my enemies
In all I say and do.
3. Help me to forgive all those
By whom I am reviled,
4. And though my heart is broken, Lord,
May we be reconciled.
Father, forgive them,
for they don’t know what they are doing
(Luke 23:34; NLT).
1. If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT).
2. Love your enemies (Luke 6:27; NLT).
I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say (Psalm 39:1; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
3. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us (Luke 11:4; NLT).
My adversaries revile me (Psalm 42:10; NASB).
4. My heart is broken (Lamentations 1:20; NLT).
If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying, “I repent,” you must forgive them (Luke 17:3-4; NIV).