Image: congerdesign, Pixabay
Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him (Philippians 3:8-9; NLT).
1. May I be one mind with you,
And share in all your joys and tears.
2. May I be one heart with you,
And share the way you faced your fears.
3. May I be one soul with you,
And share in all your pain and loss.
4. May I be one flesh with you,
And share your death upon the cross.
1. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15; NKJV).
2. I will give them one heart (Jeremiah 32:39; NLT).
If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
3. The person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17; NLT).
If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
4. Because God’s children are human beings – made of flesh and blood – the Son also became flesh and blood (Hebrews 2:14; NLT).
Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:10; NLT).