Image: Mike, Pexels
My beloved is mine and I am his
(Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).
1. I love you, and you love me;
Lord God, that’s all I need.
2. Whatever setbacks I must face,
And though my heart may bleed,
3. Help me to learn from what goes wrong,
And then to start anew,
4. For, come what may, you love me still,
And, Father, I love you.
No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
1. I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).
The Father himself loves you dearly (John 16:26; NLT).
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need (Psalm 23:1; NLT).
2. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
Lord, see my anguish! My heart is broken and my soul despairs (Lamentations 1:20; NLT).
3. Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-9; NLT).
I set out to learn everything from wisdom to madness and folly (Ecclesiastes 1:17; NLT).
Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord (Lamentations 3:40; KJV).
4. He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).