Image: Manfred Antranias Zimmer, Pixabay
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus
(Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
1. I share my mortal dread with you:
Help me to do your will.
2. I share my agony with you:
Strengthen my faith
To trust you still.
3. I share my dying breath with you:
Receive my sacrifice.
4. I share my endless joy with you:
For we are one,
Image: Free-Photos, Pixabay
1. In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
He became anguished and distressed. He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me (Matthew 26:37-8; NLT).
The thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me (Job 3:25; RSV).
If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
2. About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”) (Matthew 27:46; NIV).
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
3. Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last (Luke 23:46; NLT).
4. Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit (Luke 10:21; NLT).
I and the Father are one (John 10:28-30; NIV).
Today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43; NIV).