Image: Imaresz, Pixabay
1. May I worship you
With every breath I take,
2. Rejoicing in your holy name,
Although my heart may ache;
3. Communing with you constantly,
Although I feel alone,
4. And waiting for the day
When you will lead my spirit home.
1. Worship the Lord in all his holy splendour (1 Chronicles 16:29; NLT).
The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life (Job 33:4; NLT).
2. Rejoice before him – his name is the Lord (Psalm 68:4; NIV).
Even in laughter the heart may ache (Proverbs 14:13; NIV).
3. Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; CSB).
Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress (Psalm 25:16; NLT).
4. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? (Psalm 42:2; NLT).
Wait for the Lord (Psalm 37:34; NIV).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care (Jeremiah 31:9; NLT).