Image: Fotorech, Pixabay
You have not handed me over to my enemies
but have set me in a safe place
(Psalm 31:8; NLT).
1. Breathe in Christ’s peace.
2. Bask in his light.
3. Drink in his truth.
4. Rest in his might.
5. Dance in his flames.
6. Wash in his blood.
7. Feast on his bread.
8. Live in his love.
Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us
from the love of God that is revealed
in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
1. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
2. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
4. The Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed (Deuteronomy 10:17; NLT).
The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command (Hebrews 1:3; NLT).
5. God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I have come to set the world on fire (Luke 12:49; NLT).
6. “Go,” [Jesus] told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam.” So the man went and washed, and came home seeing (John 9:7; NIV).
The blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins ( Hebrews 9:14; NLT).
7. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (Luke 12:24; NIV).
I am the living bread (John 6:51; NLT).
8. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
2 thoughts on “Safe place”
This is truly beautiful Ruth! I think we are on the same theme again, from different angles though. God bless you sister.
Thank you Alan. I’m drained, and have only just sat down to rest and read my messages, but very grateful for your kindness. I’ll be reading your blog very soon XXXXx