Image: Jacques Gaimard, Pixabay
1. God gives us love,
So we can give back worship.
2. He gives us light,
So we can see our guilt.
3. God gives us truth,
So can grow in wisdom.
4. He gives us peace
Through Christ, whose blood was spilt.
5. God gives us faith,
So we can be united.
6. He gives us pain,
So we can learn to trust.
7. God gives us hope,
So we can build endurance.
8. He gives us grace
Through Christ, whose rule is just.
1. We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19: NIV).
Worship the Lord in all his holy splendour (1 Chronicles 16:29; NLT).
2. I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
I know my transgressions and my sin is always before me (Psalm 51:3; NIV).
3. Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom (Psalm 111:10; NLT).
4. There is peace with God through Jesus Christ (Acts 10:36; NLT).
5. By grace you have been saved through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8; NIV).
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one (John 17:21; NLT).
6. I am the one who wounds and heals (Deuteronomy 32:39; NLT).
Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).
7. This letter is from Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, appointed by the command of God our Saviour and Christ Jesus, who gives us hope (1 Timothy 1:1; NLT).
When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow (James 1:3; NLT).
8. Be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:1; NLT).
I judge as God tells me. Therefore my judgement is just (John 5:30; NLT).