Image: Rondell Melling, Pixabay
1. Teach me, when I’m foolish;
Forgive, when I’m unkind.
2. Save me, when in danger;
Soothe, when I’m maligned.
3. Brace me, when I’m tempted;
Console, when I’m afraid.
4. Warn me, when I’m angry;
Calm, when I’m betrayed.
5. Hold me, when I suffer;
Support, when I despair,
6. And guide my soul in death, Lord,
T0 meet you in the air.
1. Teach me how to live, O Lord (Psalm 27:11; NLT).
Forgive us our sins (Luke 11:4; NLT).
2. Save me and rescue me (Psalm 71:2; NLT).
Let your unfailing love comfort me (Psalm 119:76; NLT).
3. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure (1 Corinthians 10:13; NLT).
With his love he will calm all your fears (Zephaniah 3:17; NLT).
4. Don’t sin by letting anger control you (Ephesians 4:26; NLT).
I begged my allies for help, but they betrayed me (Lamentations 1:19; NLT).
5. Your right hand upholds me (Psalm 63:8; NLT).
From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help (Psalm 130:1; NLT).
6. Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
The Lord will guide you continually (Isaiah 58:11; NKJV).
We […] will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).