Image: skeeze, Pixabay
1. It’s four in the morning.
I’m here, all alone,
Waiting for you, Lord,
2. This is my desert.
This is my rest.
You are the pathway
3. It’s five in the morning.
I’m silent and still,
Longing to gaze
On your face.
4. This is my wasteland.
This is my peace.
You are the Spirit
5. It’s six in the morning.
I lie in the dark,
Yearning to witness
6. This is my wilderness.
This is my joy.
You are the fountain
1. For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence (Psalm 62:5; ESV).
2. [Jesus] departed thence in a boat, into a desert place apart (Matthew 13:14; WEB).
Jesus said, “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way” (John 14:6; NLT).
3. Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
Be still in the presence of the Lord (Psalm 37:7; NLT).
When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied (Psalm 17:15; NLT).
4. I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland (Isaiah 43:20; NIV).
My peace I give you (John 14:27; NIV).
I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace (Zechariah 12:10; NKJV).
5. I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night (Psalm 63:6; NLT).
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine (Isaiah 9:2; NLT).
6. Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer (Luke 5:16; NLT).
I will go to the altar of God, to God – the source of all my joy (Psalm 43:4; NLT).
You are the fountain of life (Psalm 36:9; NLT).