Image: Thanasis Papazacharias, Pixabay
Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s,
and to God what is God’s
(Luke 20:25; NIV).
1. I give my body back to you:
Lord, we are one in flesh and blood.
2. I give my thinking back to you:
Lord, may we share one humble mind.
3. I give my feelings back to you:
Lord, may we live as one, in love.
4. I give my spirit back to you:
Lord, may our joy be unconfined.
1. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us (John 1:14; NIV).
2. Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey (Zecharaiah 9:9; NLT).
Have […] a humble mind (1 Peter 3:8; RSV).
We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; NLT).
3. Live in a way that pleases him, and love and serve him with all your heart and soul (Deuteronomy 10:12; NLT).
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
4. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Into your hands I commit my spirit (Psalm 31:5; NIV).
You have been united with Christ (Ephesians 2:13; NLT).
You will live in joy and peace (Isaiah 55:12; NLT).
2 thoughts on “Give back”
I like the clever way this is written, not just giving but giving back to Him. What we have belongs to Him originally as part of the Trinity. What is described in this poem is the totally surrendered life, in which there is much blessing. Thank you for this Ruth, God bless you sister.
You are so kind. You seek and find so much. May God bless you, always xxxxx