Image: Thanasis Papazacharias, Pixabay
Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s,
and to God what is God’s
(Luke 20:25; NIV).
1. I give my body back to you:
Lord, we are one in flesh and blood.
2. I give my thinking back to you:
Lord, may we share one humble mind.
3. I give my feelings back to you:
Lord, may we live as one, in love.
4. I give my spirit back to you:
Lord, may our joy be unconfined.
1. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us (John 1:14; NIV).
2. Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey (Zecharaiah 9:9; NLT).
Have […] a humble mind (1 Peter 3:8; RSV).
We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; NLT).
3. Live in a way that pleases him, and love and serve him with all your heart and soul (Deuteronomy 10:12; NLT).
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
4. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Into your hands I commit my spirit (Psalm 31:5; NIV).
You have been united with Christ (Ephesians 2:13; NLT).
You will live in joy and peace (Isaiah 55:12; NLT).