Image: lisa870, Pixabay
Put on every piece of God’s armour so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm (Ephesians 6:13; NLT).
1. May I find my feet, Lord,
As a Christian,
Wearing shoes of peace
To spread your word.
2. May I stand my ground, Lord,
In your armour,
Trusting in your righteousness
3. May I take your shield, Lord,
Counting on your strength
To guard my faith.
4. May I wear your helmet
And bear your sword –
Until I see your face.
1. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News (Ephesians 6:15; NLT).
2. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armour of God’s righteousness (Ephesians 6:14; NLT).
3. Hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil (Ephesians 6:16; NLT).
4. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17; NLT).
Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12; NRSV).
4 thoughts on “May I find my feet (#2 of 2 linked prayers)”
Thank you, Alan XXXXX
Yes, indeed. Amen. Sometimes all we a do is stand, but with God’s armor we will be safe. Blessings.
Hi David, you’re so right. Sorry this is only short – I’m exhausted. Sending blessings XXXX