Image: PictureHunter404, Pixabay
Bring your offering and come into his presence
(1 Chronicles 16:29; NLT).
Is my gift of gold,
2. And stillness,
All I can confer;
4. And darkness, Lord,
My precious myrrh.
Is my heavy cross,
6. And suffering,
My sacred call;
My anointing oil,
8. And dying, Lord,
My bitter gall.
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
(Psalm 22:1; NLT).
1. Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
1-4. They opened their treasure-chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh (Matthew 2:11; NLT).
2. Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10; NIV).
3. When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private (Matthew 6:6; NLT).
4. Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
5. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
6. If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
7. In the end you will groan in anguish when disease consumes your body (Proverbs 5:11; NLT).
He has besieged and surrounded me with anguish and distress (Lamentations 3:5; NLT).
When she poured this oil on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial (Matthew 26:12; NET).
8. He has filled me with bitter herbs and given me gall to drink (Lamentations 3: 5; NIV).
The Lord gives both death and life (1 Samuel 2:6; NLT).