Image: Abdullah Ahmed, Pixabay
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
1. Hold me gently
In your arms,
For I am weak, and ill.
2. Join my drifting thoughts
And let me hear you, still.
3. Keep my heart, Lord,
Safe in yours,
So love is all I know.
4. Then take my spirit
In your hands,
And let my body go.
The dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it
(Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
1. I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:29; NLT).
The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you (Deuteronomy 33:27; NLT).
He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart (Isaiah 40:11; NLT).
Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak (Psalm 6:2; NLT).
I am dying (Genesis 48:21; NKJV).
2. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; NLT).
After the fire [he heard] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; KJV).
3. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
4. Into your hands I commit my spirit (Psalm 31:5; NIV).
Yes, my soul, find rest in God (Psalm 62:5; NIV).