Image: jplenio, Pixabay
1. Guide me
In life’s wilderness,
2. And lead me
Through my darkest night.
And support me, Lord –
4. Please take my hand,
And hold it tight.
5. Bring me to
Your sea of hope,
6. And help me cross
Your waves of light,
7. To reach, at last,
Your perfect love –
8. For all are precious
In your sight.
1. Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness. By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path…
2. …nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take (Nehemiah 9:19; NIV).
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me…
3. …thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
Your right hand supports me (Psalm 18:35; NLT).
4. I will take you by the hand and guard you (Isaiah 42:6; NLT).
Your strong right hand holds me securely (Psalm 63:8; NLT).
5. You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope (Psalm 119:114; NLT).
6. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
7. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
Perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love (1 John 4:18; NLT).
Love […] is the bond of perfect unity (Colossians 3:14; BSB).
8. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants (Psalm 116:15; NIV).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made (Psalm 145:9; NIV).