Image: Tumisu, Pixabay
1. Once, you lived,
Then you were killed,
But rose again –
God’s law fulfilled.
2. Once, you died,
But now you live
To love, and give.
3. Once, I was afraid,
My mind in turmoil,
Heart, a stone.
4. Once, I was alone,
I turned to you;
I wept, and prayed.
5. Once, Lord,
I accepted you,
Confessed my sins –
You made me new.
6. Once, so worthless –
Now I’m one
With you, for always,
God’s dear Son.
1. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15; NLT).
Christ died and rose again (Romans 14:9; NLT).
Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God (Romans 10:4; NLT).
2. Because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever (Hebrews 7:24; NLT).
3. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me (Psalm 55:5; NLT).
You have taken away my companions and my loved ones. Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
4. Repent of your sins and turn to God (Matthew 4:17; NLT).
Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
5. To all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NLT).
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9; NIV).
He who sat upon the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new” (Revelation 21:5; RSV).
So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God (Romans 5:11; NLT).
6. Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind (Psalm 62:9; NLT).
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28; NLT).
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).
This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him! (Matthew 17:5; NIV).