Whenever you pray,
forgive anything you have against anyone.
(Mark 11:25; GW).
1. It can take all our life
To forgive those who hurt us –
A parent, a partner,
A stranger, a friend;
2. But that’s why we’re here,
Though it’s such a big challenge –
To learn to forgive, and let go,
In the end.
3. It can take us a lifetime
To love those who hate us –
To bless them, do good for them,
Pray for them, too;
4. But that’s why we’re here,
Though it’s such a hard task –
For we can’t be like Jesus, our Lord,
Till we do.
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them,
for they don’t know what they are doing”
(Luke 23:34; NLT).
1. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you (Matthew 6:14; NLT).
2. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins (Matthew 6:15; NLT).
3. To you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:27-8; NLT).
4. Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him (1 John 3:2; NLT).
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NIV).