Underneath you are his eternal arms
(Deuteronomy 33:27; NET).
1. Underneath our troubles,
When we must face the test
Of worry, fear, or loneliness:
Lord, may we find your rest.
2. Underneath our sorrows,
When we live with the pain
Of anguish, loss, or suffering:
May we find hope again.
3. Underneath our questions,
When we go far astray
Through error, sin, or unbelief:
Lord, may we find your way.
4. Underneath our burdens,
When we approach each chore
With heavy heart, or weariness:
May we find peace, once more.
Keep on seeking and you will find
(Matthew 7:7; NLT).
1. My life is full of troubles (Psalm 88:3; NLT).
The Lord tests the heart (Proverbs 17:3; NLT).
I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
2. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
You care about the anguish of my soul (Psalm 31:7; NLT).
I will put my hope in God (Psalm 42:5; NLT).
3. They finally discovered him in the Temple, sitting among the religious leaders, listening to them and asking questions (Luke 2:46; NLT).
I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief! (Mark 9:24; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way” (John 14:6; NLT).
4. Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
The peace I give is a gift the world cannot give (John 14:27; NIV).