Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
1. As I talk with you each day,
I’m only telling you
Things you already know.
2. And, though you hear each word I say,
You also perceive my hidden thoughts,
And how I really feel.
3. So, may I be honest when I pray:
Speaking the truth in love,
Just like your Son.
We will speak the truth in love,
growing in every way more and more like Christ.
(Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
1. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely (Psalm 139:4; NIV).
2. You, Lord, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you (Psalm 69:5; NIV).
The Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7; NIV).
God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything (1 John 3:20; NLT).
3. You desire honesty from the womb (Psalm 51:6; NLT).