If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
(Romans 8:17; NLT).
1. Take up your cross without complaint.
Shoulder it with perfect love.
Bear it well, and serve, like Christ –
Then you will share his sacrifice.
2. Take up your cross; submit to God.
Shoulder it with constant prayer.
Bear it well, and do not sin –
Then you will share one mind with him.
3. Take up your cross, for God is near.
Shoulder it with thanks and joy.
Bear it well till life must cease –
Then you will share his perfect peace.
4. Take up your cross, as Jesus did.
Shoulder it with hope and praise.
Bear it well: it sets you free –
Then you will share his victory.
Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne.
(Revelation 3:21; NLT).
1. If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24; NLT).
The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45; NLT).
Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies (2 Corinthians 4:10; NLT).
Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me (Matthew 10:38; NIV).
2. Submit to God and be at peace with him (Job 22:21; NIV).
Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; NLT).
3. He is not far from any one of us (Acts 17:27; NIV).
Always be joyful … Be thankful in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16,18; NLT).
I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid (John 14:27; NLT).
4. As we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too (2 Corinthians 1:5; RSV).
Rejoice in so far as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed (1 Peter 4:13; RSV).
Overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us (Romans 8:37; NLT).