Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. What makes life on earth worth living?
Loving people, and forgiving;
Prayer, rejoicing, and thanksgiving –
Letting Jesus in.
2. What makes faith in Christ worth choosing?
Peace, despite the world’s abusing;
Gain, in spite of all we’re losing –
Following our King.
3. What makes trouble worth enduring?
Learning, growing, and maturing;
Meeting others, helping – turning
Minds and souls to Him.
4. What makes Jesus’ way worth taking?
Service, though our hearts are breaking –
So, choose Christ, all else forsaking,
And unite with Him.
For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him (Philippians 3:9; NLT).
1. My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God (Acts 20:24; NLT).
Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; RSV).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends (Revelation 3:20; NLT).
2. Choose today whom you will serve (Joshua 24:15; NLT).
I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid (John 14:27; NLT).
Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will leave this life. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me (Luke 9:23; NLT).
On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords (Revelation 19:16; NLT).
3. When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow (James 1:2-3; NLT).
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him (James 1:12; NLT).
Grow to maturity (2 Corinthians 13:11; NLT).
Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else (Mark 9:35; NLT).
Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone (Mark 16:15; NLT).
Each of you must repent and turn to God, and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; NLT).
4. Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Luke 22:42; NLT).
Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing (Luke 23:34; NLT).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
You also are complete through your union with Christ (Colossians 2:10; NLT).