A few days ago I found it very hard to pray when I woke up, which is unusual for me. However, to my surprise, some insight still arrived. This what I saw:
Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs (Matthew 6:32; NLT).
Whenever I turn to you and ask for your help, Lord, I find that you already know what I need, and you’re already offering it. You’re pouring out love all the time, waiting patiently, and longing for me to accept your assistance:
- When I ask you to forgive me, you’re already offering forgiveness
- When I ask you to heal me, you’re already offering healing
- When ask you to strengthen me, you’re already offering strength
- When I ask you to help me pray, you’re already helping me to pray
- When I ask you to hear my prayers, you’re already listening to them
- When I ask you to comfort me, you’re already offering me your comfort
All I need to do is to accept with gratitude what you are already offering.
Lord, you anticipate my every need. May I continually turn to you with total confidence, knowing you will help me in all circumstances. Thank you for being so great, so good and so kind.
In Jesus’ name,
I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours (Mark 11:24; NLT).
The Lord God helps me (Isaiah 50:7; RSV).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
Your Father knows exactly what you need before you ask him (Matthew 6:8; NLT).
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done (Philippians 4:6; NLT).