Image: MustangJoe, Pixabay
✚ I create the light and make the darkness (Isaiah 45:7; NLT).
1. Sunrise over waking mountains,
Tender, glowing, rose-pink sky;
2. God pours out his light and glory,
Stooping down, to hear each sigh.
3. Sunset over hills and valleys,
Shining, fading, dying day;
4. God spreads out his sacred darkness,
Stooping down, to hear us pray.
✚ The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world (Psalm 19:1-4; NLT).
Image: Denny Franzkowiak, Pixabay
1. God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light (Genesis 1:3; NLT).
2. The glory of the Lord rises to shine on you (Isaiah 60:1; NLT).
He bends down to listen (Psalm 116:2; NLT).
3. You send the darkness, and it becomes night (Psalm 104:20; NLT).
4. He made darkness his covering (Psalm 18:11; RSV).
Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
He stoops to look down on heaven and on earth (Psalm 113:6; NLT).
You will pray to him, and he will hear you (Job 22:27; NLT).