Despite a migraine, I was able to go to hospital for a stack of blood tests. Then my wonderful husband met me, and we went in the lift together: one floor up, and one floor down. This was truly the achievement of a lifetime for me, and I wept with joy afterwards.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light (Genesis 1:1-3; NLT).
Speaking and creating,
Comfort when my heart
Is breaking: You alone are God.
Yahweh, Never once forsaking,
Liberating: You alone are God.
Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him (Psalm 62:5; NLT).
Be silent before the Sovereign Lord
(Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
1. Wait quietly with God,
Who hears your silent prayers.
Talk quietly with God,
Who feels your silent cares.
2. Walk quietly with God,
Who sees your silent fears.
Weep quietly with God,
Who soothes your silent tears.
3. Work quietly with God,
Who knows your silent aim.
Sit quietly with God,
Who shares your silent pain.
4. Plead quietly with God,
Who loves your silent trust.
Dwell quietly with God,
Who forms you out of dust.
5. Grow quietly with God:
Make this your only goal.
Rest quietly with God: His Spirit is your soul.
IwillputmySpirit in you,
and you will live (Ezekiel 37:14; CSB).
The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7; KJV).
1. When you pray, don’t babble on …for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him (Matthew 6:7-8; NLT).
Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely (Psalm 139:4; NIV).
2. Walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8; NLT).
You are the God who sees me (Genesis 16:13; NIV).
When the cares of my heart are many, thy consolations cheer my soul (Psalm 94:19; RSV).
3. The Lord knows all human plans (Psalm 94:11; NIV).
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him (Psalm 62:5; NLT).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
4. He is my God, and I trust him (Psalm 91:2; NLT).
I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever (Psalm 23:6; KJV).
The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; KJV).
5. Learn to know your Creator and become like him (Colossians 3:10; NLT).
Let love be your highest goal (1 Corinthians 14:1; NLT).
You have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you (1 John 2:27; NLT).
Don’t you realise that your body is the templeof the HolySpirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself for God bought you with a high price (1 Corinthians 6:19-20; NLT).
He jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us (James 4:5; NIV).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
All glory to him who alone is God, our Saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen (Jude 1:25; NLT).
Beyond all weariness and pain
Who died, and rose again.
Beyond all worry and dismay Is Christ,
Who shows us how to pray.
Beyond all anguish and despair
Who teaches us to care.
Beyond all fear and loss of hope
Who always helps us cope.
Beyond all ignorance and sin
The Lord, who dwells within.
Beyond all darkness, war, and strife
Who gives eternal life.
He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good.
(Romans 2:7; NLT).
1. Are you weary? Do you suffer?
Burdened with fear, or care?
Come to God, who longs to help.
Lean on him; let him share.
2. Weep, and repent, and turn to him:
He will forgive your sin.
Then, be baptised in Jesus’ name.
Take up your cross, like him.
3. Welcome his Holy Spirit now.
He will reveal the way:
Living within to comfort you,
Guiding you every day.
4. Whatever God gives or takes from you, Thank him for good and bad.
Praise him, rejoice, pray constantly.
Give, and share all you have.
5. Put others first, and learn to serve.
Cast off each selfish whim.
Shoulder your cross, and follow Christ:
Loving all, just like him.
1. Jesus said, “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light” (Matthew 11:28-30; NLT).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
2. Each of you must repent and turn to God, and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins (Acts 2:38; NLT).
If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me (Matthew 16:24; NLT).
3. I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor-Counsellor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever (John 14:16; AMP).
Don’t you realise that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you?(1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
4. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; CSB).
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other (Ecclesiastes 7:14; NIV).
Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; RSV).
5. Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else (Mark 10:42-4; NLT).
Love your neighbour as yourself (Mark 12:31; NLT).
Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-8; NIV).