Now we see things imperfectly,
like puzzling reflections…
1. Light on water,
Fire from heaven.
2. Peace rains down
On earth, forever.
Love for all,
3. Truth streams out
To every mortal.
Faith is offered:
Make your choice!
4. Hope floods down
To all the nations:
Seek God’s Kingdom!
Hear his voice!
5. Ask the Father
To forgive you.
Into your soul,
6. Then, take your cross,
And follow Christ,
For he, alone,
Can make you whole.
…but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
(1 Corinthians 13:12; NLT).
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
Rivers of living water will flow from his heart (John 7:38; NLT).
God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20; NLT).
God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17; NLT).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
He made peace with everything in heaven and earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross (Colossians 1:20; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many” (Matthew 26:27-8; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16; NLT).
The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make (Deuteronomy 13:19; NLT).
4. I pray that God, the source of all hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13; NLT).
My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm (Isaiah 51:5; NLT).
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously (Matthew 6:33; NLT).
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts (Hebrews 4:7; NLT).
5. Perhaps even yet they will turn from their evil ways and ask the Lord’s forgiveness before it is too late (Jeremiah 36:7; NLT).
To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NIV).
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
6. Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”(John 14:6; NLT).
He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole (Isaiah 53:5; RSV).
Choose today whom you will serve
(Joshua 24:15; NLT).
1. Consequences flow
From from how I handle
All I feel.
2. Every choice I make
Brings others pain,
Or helps them heal.
3. Every course of action
Leaves me feeling bad,
4. So help me, Lord,
To grow like you,
And choose your Way of Love.
1. You did not reflect on your actions or think about their consequences (Isaiah 47:7; NLT).
2. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart (Luke 6:45; NLT).
3. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these (Galatians 5:19-21; NLT).
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-3; NRSV).
4. The Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
Follow the way of love (1 Corinthians 14:1; NIV).
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged (1 Corinthians 13:4; NLT).