Image: Miriam Zilles, Pixabay
Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
1. Daily, I take up my cross,
Thank you for your gift of faith.”
2. Next, I kiss it tenderly,
May I spread your love and grace.”
3. Then I put it on with joy,
Keep me on your narrow way”,
4. For my cross tells others
I’m a Christian,
To follow him each day.
1. By grace you have been saved through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8; NIV).
2. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6; NIV).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
3. Always be full of joy in the Lord (Philippians 4:4; NLT).
Small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matthew 7:14; NIV).
4. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said (Matthew 4:19; NIV).