Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows
(John 16:33; NLT).
1. We have trials and sorrows,
Just like you.
2. We share your anguish,
And your suffering, too.
3. Facing our final passion,
All must die –
4. Then, we will rise to meet you, Lord,
First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; NLT).
2. If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
3. If we die with him, we will also live with him (2 Timothy 2:11; NLT).
If you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of life (Revelation 2:10; NLT).
If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it (Mark 8:35; NLT).
All of us must die eventually (2 Samuel 14:14; NLT).
4. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).