We live in the face of death
(2 Corinthians 4:12; NLT).
1. We are dying
All day long,
Even in the flower
Of our youth.
2. We do not know the day, Lord,
Or the hour –
Jesus simply tells
The honest truth.
3. The time will come
When we must lose our lives.
Prepared or not,
We take our final breath.
4. Then we must stand
Before your judgement seat,
To face you, blessed Lord,
Beyond our death.
1. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day (2 Corinthians 4:16; NLT).
Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear and we fly away (Psalm 90:10; NLT).
All of us must die eventually (2 Samuel 14:14; NLT).
2. How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog – it’s here a little while, then it’s gone (James 4:14; NLT).
You too must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return (Matthew 25:13; NLT).
3. Our lives are in his hands (Psalm 66:9; NLT).
The Lord gives both death and life (1 Samuel 2:6; NLT).
4. Remember, we will all stand before the judgement seat of God (Romans 14:10; NLT).