In all their suffering he also suffered
(Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
He is our God forever and ever,
and he will guide us until we die (Psalm 48:14; NLT).
1. You’re one with us in sorrow, Lord,
When you seem far away.
2. You’re one with us in heartbreak,
When we can no longer pray.
3. You’re one with us in loneliness,
For you are always near.
4. You’re one with us in suffering,
In anguish, pain, and fear.
5. You’re one with us when hope is gone,
And we can’t sense your grace.
6. You’re one with us in darkness,
When we cannot see your face.
7. You’re one with us in dying,
And you share our final breath.
8. You’re one with us for evermore,
In birth, in life, in death.
1. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows (Isaiah 53:4; NIV).
Why are you so far away when I groan for help? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
2. You have taken away my companions and my loved ones (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
3. I know that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me (Psalm 16:8; NLT).
4. Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:44; NIV).
He ordered Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip, then turned him over to the Roman soldiers to be crucified (Mark 15:15; NLT).
5. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
6. Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12; NRSV).
7. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last (Luke 23:46; NLT).
8. Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him (Philippians 3:8-9; NLT).
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).
I am with you always, even to the end of the world (Matthew 28:20; WEB).
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5; NLT).
Our lives are in his hands (Psalm 66:9; NLT).
The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).