The kingdom of God is within you
(Luke 17:21; NKJV).
1. God isn’t in the whirlwind,
But in our rage and dread.
2. He isn’t in the earthquake,
But in our grief and pain.
3. He isn’t in the firestorm,
But in our guilt and sin –
4. For God is in our darkness:
The still, small voice within.
1. Then he said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind… (1 Kings 19:11; NKJV).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
2. …and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake… (1 Kings 19:11; NKJV).
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows (Isaiah 53:4; NIV).
3. …and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire… (1 Kings 19:12; NKJV).
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross (1 Peter 2:24; NLT).
4. Moses approached the thick darkness where God was (Exodus 20:21, NIV).
…and after the fire a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; NKJV).