I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me
(Psalm 51:3; NIV).
1. Lord, is the darkness around you
Produced by my sins?
2. Do they separate me from your presence
By hiding your face?
3. What do you think of my life,
And my lip-service prayers?
4. Lord, if I give up my sins
And return to your way,
5. Will you visit me here, on the earth,
In the cool of the eve,
6. Just as you did in the garden
Where I was conceived?
1. Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
2. Your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear (Isaiah 59:2; NIV).
3. The Lord says, “These people say they are mine. They honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. And their worship of me is nothing more than man-made rules learned by rote” (Isaiah 29:13; NLT).
4. Repent of your sins and turn to God (Matthew 4:17; NLT).
Follow the way of love (1 Corinthians 14:1; NIV).
5. When he visits, what shall I answer him? (Job 31:14; HNV).
The man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day (Genesis 3:8; NIV).
6. God created human beings in his own image (Genesis 1:27; NLT).